By Kecia Lee
The Imposter Syndrome - you heard about that and it grabbed your attention, right?
That feeling of being called out… exposed.
But, wait, everyone feels a little insecure and doubts themselves, don’t they?
YES. Everyone (up to 82%, anyway) feels like an imposter, a fraud, or in over their head at least occasionally in their life.
So - why did you have an almost visceral response to it?
For some of us, experiencing the imposter syndrome phenomenon is chronic, a lifelong feeling of not measuring up or of lacking competence despite evidence to the contrary, and you may be in this category.
The following question I usually get from the women I work with?
Why can’t I seem to get out of it - what’s wrong with me?
That answer is a little less straight-forward and is really about how often, and how severely, you experience these signs:
- Berating your performance.
- Inability to let go of mistakes or missteps.
- Attributing your success to external factors such as luck or good timing.
- Self-doubt that prevents forward movement.
- Fear that you won't live up to expectations.
- Overachieving and over-preparing.
- Sabotaging your own success.
- Setting very challenging goals and feeling disappointed when you fall short.
- An inability to realistically assess your competence and skills.
- Procrastination is a way of life.
If you are experiencing 3 or more of these, 3 or more times every week, or recognize a long-held patterns of these, then you are experiencing a significant level of Imposter Syndrome and your suffering in it is REAL.
The great news is that there is a way out and Imposter-free confidence and consistency are not only possible but simple.
You just need to learn the 5 Keys to eliminate it for good - I did a training on this very topic recently and I’m sharing it with you here.
Don’t wait another week wondering when you’ll finally be able to unlock your full potential!
Ready to take your life into your own hands now - I'm ready, too! Here's how!